SUSPENSION OF ALL MCC RACING & GROUP RIDES
Mornington Cycling Club with guidance from Cycling Australia wishes to take a more proactive approach in protecting the health and wellbeing of the riders and the families of our cycling community. We believe this is the right course of action for cyclists to reduce the risk presented by the COVID-19 virus, and in particular to do our part to “flatten the curve” of COVID-19 infection rates.
As such, MCC under Cycling Australia’s recommendation has cancelled all scheduled Races and Club Rides (Including the Saturday Bunch Ride) with immediate effect until further notice.
We encourage members and the cycling community to keep riding and training and we will investigate how we might come together in the virtual world.
We encourage you to stay in touch with each other, these are times of high stress and anxiety and your friendships are what make our community so special.
If you do arrange to catch up with others for a ride, we recommend following the CA’s recommendations:
- Keeping a gap of at least 1.5metres between each rider,
- Limiting groups or bunches to ten (10) or fewer riders;
- Ensuring all riders are self-sufficient in case of mechanical issues; and
- At cafes, leaving helmets, gloves and sunglasses away from the tables.
- We will continue to review the COVID-19 situation and update you as the situation evolves.